What do I do if my sewer is backing up?
- If you notice your sewer backing up or draining slowly throughout your home or office, call the City at 263-3578 to request a technician to come out and see if the problem is past the property line. Note: If you are only having problems with a portion of your facility, the problem is most likely in your plumbing; please call a plumber.
- If your sewer is completely plugged throughout your home or office:
- Do not use any water within your facility that will go into a drain. Adding water to a sink drain can cause water to overflow from a toilet or bathtub.
- Call the City to report the problem at 263-3578. If there is damage to your structure, please inform the person you call and who arrives.
- If a spill occurs it will typically happen at the lowest point of the home or office. This low point is typically a shower/tub drain, or toilet. Use towels to try and contain the water from spreading.
More Resident FAQs: