The City Clerk is appointed by the City Manager to perform various function required by the Government Code of the State of California, as well as other duties to provide efficient administration of City services. The Office of the City Clerk has a broad range of responsibilities, including the following:
CITY COUNCIL SUPPORT SERVICES
- Prepares City Council Agendas (including internal distribution of agenda packets, which contain all related reports and documents)
- Provides agendas to subscribers via mail and e-mail and uploads agendas on the City's website
- Prepares minutes of the City Council meetings
- Provides clerical support to the Mayor and the City Council including correspondence, reservations, expenses, proclamations and certificates
- Conducts recruitment for various City committees and commissions
- Coordinates annual City Council Reorganization
- Maintains a database of all commission and committee memberships including: the Parks & Recreation Commission, the Westside Park Committee, the Traffic Safety Advisory Committee, and the ADA Committee.
- Facilitates the commission and committee application process for all advisory boards
CITY ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT SERVICES
- Provides clerical support to the City Manager
- Processes applications for use of City parks and facilities
- Answers citizen inquiries made by mail, telephone, or in person
- Acts as Secretary to the Traffic Safety Advisory Committee and the Lakeport Redevelopment Agency
- Acts as the City’s agent for service of process
- Receives and processes all claims filed against the city by the general
- Is responsible for the codification of city ordinances into the municipal code, including quality checks and distribution of the code
- Provides prospective City Council members with candidate filing packets
- Coordinate with the County of Lake Elections Department to conduct City elections
- Administers the filings for all appointed and elected officials identified in the Political Reform Act and the City's Conflict of Interest Code
RECORDS MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- Maintain official City records, available in various media
- Updates the City of Lakeport Municipal Code
- Track insurance for Council approved projects and agreements
- Acts as the custodian of records and of the City Seal.
- Certifies the accuracy and validity of certain City documents as official records by signature and by affixing the seal of the City of Lakeport.
- Develops and maintains the city's records retention schedule to ensure the proper storage, maintenance, and disposal of municipal records city-wide.